Nothing succeeds like success. Once you taste the success, you feel like following it. Towards success, you need to possess certain characteristics.
Knowing the Self is the first step for your success. Because, each one of us has an individuality or uniqueness which includes the special skills, talent and capacity. You should discover that specialty in you and take sincere and persistent efforts to polish and enhance it. Further, your growth is directly related to your mindset.
Successful people always have a fine tuned and balanced mind with a strong will. Even difficult tasks can be achieved with will power. Napoleon the Great won many battles to build his empire which was made possible by his grit and exemplary planning.
Research studies on "what happens to organizations and people when they face obstacles in their paths" have found that the target group always tried to attribute the external and technical reasons for their failure. But those who succeeded have instead analyzed all the reasons both the external and the internal including the personal habits like negative approach for the obstacle and devised the suitable corrective steps to overcome such hurdles.
It is the second method of questioning every aspect of our approach, including our methods, biases and closely held beliefs and assumptions which make a person to put up a brave face to all hurdles and come out as successful.
This introspective and objective method requires that we honestly challenge our beliefs and summon the courage to act on that information, which will pave the ways to fresh thoughts and ideas for solving a problem situation.
Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple Inc has once said "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition to become successful".
Bill Gates of Microsoft Corporation said "its fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure."
Psychologists have found many common attributes which made successful people. These characteristics are listed as under.
1) Discovery of the potential of one's self (self-awareness)
2) Positive approach of believing in "I can" (optimism)
3) Remaining cool under all circumstances (self-motivated)
4) Persistence in all endeavors (faith)
5) Staying focused on the goal or success (Concentration)
6) Exercise of self-control (discipline)
7) Never seek temporary happiness (far-sighted)
8) Enjoying hard work and sincerity (indulgence)
9) Thoughts and actions never diverge, but fall in the same line (parity and clarity)
10) Possess strong will power (self-confidence)
Whoever cultivates these qualities in them, they tend to reap great success in life.